The IFA standard for fruit and vegetables defines clear criteria for responsible farming practices. It covers primary production, from preharvest activities such as soil management and plant protection product application to basic postharvest handling.
15-19 January 2024
2.00 pm Berlin Time (UTC+2) Check your local time here
In-course modules: 20 hours. Self-paced modules: 1 hour
Edite Strazdina. Technical Key Account Manager Central Asia, Latvia and Russia.
Edite is GLOBALG.A.P.'s technical expert and trainer for Latvia, Russia and Central Asia regions. She joined GLOBALG.A.P. in June 2018 on the Sales and Marketing team supporting producers, certification bodies and Farm Assurers. Edite has been in the food sector for 30 years, having responsibilities as farmer, consultant, quality system manager, internal auditor and 12 years as vegetable cooperative senior manager.She did a Bachelor of Applied Science at the Latvian Agriculture University in Latvia.
Who should participate?:
- Anyone who is interested in how the GLOBALG.A.P. Certification system operates
- Anyone that wants to know more about the GLOBALG.A.P. Integrated Farm Assurance (IFA) General Regulations and standard (principles and criteria) requirements for the product category of fruit and vegetables
- Persons interested on becoming a GLOBALG.A.P. Registered Trainer
- Professionals in the agricultural sector, producers and consultants
++Please note, that this is not a GLOBALG.A.P. Certification Body Training.
- You will have a better understanding how the GLOBALG.A.P. system functions.
- You will receive comprehensive technical knowledge about the GLOBALG.A.P. IFA Standard for fruit and vegetables, and also learn more about the IFA General Regulations.
- You will learn more about the principle and criteria requirements for fruit and vegetables and suitable ways to implement it.
- You will get more familiar with the GFS and Smart editions and understand the differences and similarities.
- You will be equipped to provide training services on the GLOBALG.A.P. IFA v6 standard.
- You will have fulfilled part of the GLOBALG.A.P. training requirements for your Registered Trainer application.
- This is an online live course including many interactive activities and
group work with other participants. The workshop fee includes a certificate of attendance and examination. Presentations and standard documents will be shared on this platform before the training starts.
- The maximum number of participants is 15. Acceptance is based on first-come-first-serve basis. You will receive a confirmation e-mail upon payment.
- To be able to participate in this course you will need a computer and stable internet connection. Test it here. Recommended band width:800kbps/1.0Mbps (up/down) for high quality video.
Questions? Please contact the GLOBALG.A.P. Academy
By registering for workshop you agree with the GLOBALG.A.P. Terms and Conditions
for Workshop and Trainings.