Ideal for all those interested in understanding how the GLOBALG.A.P. producer group and multisite producer certification system works to apply safe and responsible practices on the farm. Date:
14-16 February 2023 Fee:
EUR 300 Starting time:
9.00 am Nairobi Time (UTC+3) Check your local time here Duration:
In-course modules: 16 hours. Self-paced modules: 1 hour Language:
Mahinda Wahome, Technical Key Account Manager Ethiopia, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda.
Mahinda is the GLOBALG.A.P.'s technical expert and trainer for the Eastern Africa Region. He joined GLOBALG.A.P. in June 2018 to support the region’s Farm Assurers, Certification Bodies, Producers and other stakeholders. He has been in the horticultural sector serving at various capacities for over 20 years. As an expert in Good Agricultural Practices, he assists producers in the certification of agricultural products in Africa ensuring they comply with the market requirements. He holds a Bsc. Agriculture degree from the University of Nairobi. Mahinda is qualified in Quality Management Systems Lead Auditor certification, Crop Protection, Integrated Crop Management, and Environmental Management.
Who should participate?:
- Anyone interested in understanding how the GLOBALG.A.P. producer group and multisite producer certification system works to apply safe and responsible practices on the farm
- Staff responsible for implementing the quality management system (QMS) for Option 1 multisite producers.
- Staff responsible for implementing the QMS for Option 2 producer groups.
++Please note, that this is not a GLOBALG.A.P. Certification Body Training.
- Understand the requirements for setting up a QMS with regard to the IFA v6 principles and criteria.
- Know the differences between the IFA v6 Smart and IFA v6 GFS certification requirements for producer groups and multisite producers with QMS.
- Understand the training requirements for internal auditors who audit the QMS and producer group members/production sites.
- Be familiar with the basic principles for good auditing practices that shall be applied during internal audits, understand the basic audit process, and know what shall be covered in the internal audit report.
- This is an online live course with a trainer, including many interactive activities and group work with other course participants. The course fee includes a certificate of attendance and examination. Presentations and standard documents will be shared on this platform before the training starts.
- The maximum number of participants is 15. Acceptance is based on a first-come-first-serve basis. You will receive a confirmation e-mail upon payment.
- Use of Microsoft Teams to connect to the live sessions with the trainer.
- Stable internet connection: test it here Recommended band width:800kbps/1.0Mbps (up/down) for high quality video
- Camera and microphone activated
- Use of headset
- Calm environment
- Any of the following browsers: Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Opera, Firefox
Questions? Please contact the GLOBALG.A.P. AcademyBy registering for course you agree with the GLOBALG.A.P. Terms and Conditionsfor Course and Trainings.