This course is provided by GLOBALG.A.P. North America.
7-9 February 2023
$500, optional free farm tour organized by HGA
8.00 am to 5 pm Pacific Time (UTC-8) Check your local time here
Day 1 and 2 Classroom Location:
Yakima Convention Center
10 North 8th St.
Yakima, Washington 98901 USA
Day 3 Farm Location
Perrault Farms, Inc. (address to be provided at training)
• Prior to training: self-paced modules (1 hour)
• Day 1 and 2: classroom training (9 hours)
• Day 3: optional on-farm training (4 hours) - organized by HGA
• Day 4: optional online exam (2 hours)
Hop Growers of America
G.S. Long Co. and M2-Ag Assurance, LLC.
Rebecca Anderson -Technical Key Account Manager - North America
Rebecca is GLOBALG.A.P.'s technical expert for the North American marketplace, overseeing training, managing our National Technical Working Group, and supporting our Certification Bodies and Farm Assurers. She serves as GGNA's technical liaison with the integrity and standards development teams in Cologne. Rebecca joined GGNA in October 2016, and is a former certification body scheme manager with experience in training, auditing, orchard and dairy management, greenhouse production, and food service. She has a B.Sc. in Agriculture Science (California Polytechnic State University). Rebecca is located in California, USA.
Who should participate?:
- Anyone who is interested in how the GLOBALG.A.P. Certification system operates
- Anyone that wants to know more about the GLOBALG.A.P. Integrated Farm Assurance (IFA) General Regulations and standard (principles and criteria) requirements for the product category of hops and fruit and vegetables
- Persons interested on becoming a GLOBALG.A.P. Registered Trainer
- Professionals in the agricultural sector, producers and consultants
++Please note, that this is not a GLOBALG.A.P. Certification Body Training.
You will have a better understanding how the GLOBALG.A.P. system functions.
You will receive comprehensive technical knowledge about the GLOBALG.A.P. IFA Standard for fruit and vegetables and hops, and also learn more about the IFA General Regulations.
You will learn more about the principle and criteria requirements for fruit and vegetables and suitable ways to implement it.
You will get more familiar with the GFS and Smart editions and understand the differences and similarities.
You will be equipped to provide training services on the GLOBALG.A.P. IFA v6 standard.
You will have fulfilled part of the GLOBALG.A.P. training requirements for your Registered Trainer application.
- This is an in-person workshop with a trainer including many interactive activities and group work with other course participants. The workshop fee includes a certificate of attendance and examination. Presentations and standard documents will be shared on this platform before the training starts.
- The maximum number of participants is 25. Acceptance is based on first-come-first-serve basis. You will receive a confirmation e-mail upon payment.
- Self-transportation is required for the 3rd day farm visit.
- Course check-in is at 07:30 am.
- Morning coffee and snack, lunch and beverages, and afternoon snack and beverages will be provided on classroom days. Lunch and beverages will be provided on the farm visit day.
Register using this form.
Questions? Please contact the GLOBALG.A.P. AcademyBy registering for workshop you agree with the GLOBALG.A.P. Terms and Conditions for Workshop and Trainings.